at IMDEA Networks
Research interestsMy research interests include:
- Edge computing, fog computing
- Mobile crowdsensing
- Machine learning for network optimization
- Best Paper Award at IEEE GLOBECOM 2019: ``The Impact of Human Mobility on Edge Data Center Deployment in Urban Environments''
- Best Paper Award at ACM WiNTECH 2018: ''openLEON: an End-to-End Emulator from the Edge Data Center to the Mobile Users"
- Best Paper Award at IEEE CloudNet 2016: ''Smart Probabilistic Fingerprinting for Indoor Localization over Fog Computing Platforms"
I joined the Wireless Networking Group led by Dr. Joerg Widmer in December 2016. My primary research interests include ultra-reliable and low latency communications, multi-access edge/fog computing and crowdsensing.
I obtained my Ph.D. degree at the University of Luxembourg working on the ECO-CLOUD project with a focus on energy efficient communications in cloud, mobile cloud and fog computing. Prior starting my PhD, I received the Bachelor Degree in Ingegneria Telematica in 2010 and the Master Degree in Computer and Communication Networks Engineering in 2012 both from Politecnico di Torino. I have been awarded with the Spanish Juan de la Cierva grant and the Best Paper Awards in IEEE Cloudnet 2016, in ACM WiNTECH 2018 and in IEEE GLOBECOM 2019. I am member of IEEE and ACM, served as Publication and Web Chair at IEEE CloudNet 2014, Publicity Chair in ACM/IEEE ANCS 2018, Workshop Co-Chair of MoCS 2019 and TPC Co-Chair of IEEE CAMAD 2019. As of June 2019, I am member of the Editorial board of IEEE Networking Letters.