Research Assistant Professor
at IMDEA Networks
here.I am always looking for motivated Ph.D., master's and undergraduate students interested in exploring the general areas of network measurements, mobile security and privacy! If you're interested, I invite you to get in touch with me by email. More information for Ph.D candidates available
Network measurements, empirical analysis of networked systems and applications, network carachterization, mobile computing, privacy and security.
Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez is an Assistant Research Professor at IMDEA Networks and a research scientist at the Networking and Security team at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) in Berkeley. Narseo received his degree in Telecommunications Engineering from the University of Oviedo in 2007, which he extended with a 6-month visit at the University of Cambridge to complete his degree dissertation. In 2008, Dr. Vallina-Rodriguez joined Vodafone R&D, returning to the University of Cambridge to complete his Ph.D. program under the supervision of Prof. Jon Crowcroft one year after. In July 2013, Dr. Vallina-Rodriguez joined ICSI in Berkeley (California) as a Post-Doc, becoming a Research Scientist and Principal Investigator one year after. During his doctoral studies Dr. Vallina-Rodriguez also interned in world-class industry research labs, such as Deutsche Telekom Labs in Berlin (Germany) and the scientific group at Telefonica Research (Spain). The outcome of his research has been awarded with a Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship in 2012, the best short-paper award at ACM CoNEXT'14, the best paper award at ACM HotMiddlebox'15 and a DataTransparencyLabs grant in 2016 for characterizing mobile tracking services with the Lumen Privacy Monitor.
- I'm actively looking for motivated good undergraduate and graduate students to work on mobile privacy and security!
- Our IMC paper about Android VPN clients has been covered by The Verge, Arstechnica and many other news sites all over the world.
- Our IMC paper about Carrier-Grade NATs has been mentioned by Europol in their efforts to tackle attribution of users behind Carrier-Grade NAT.
- Our IMC paper about Carrier-Grade NATs has received the IRTF ANRP Award!
- We got two papers accepted for IMC'16!
- Our anti-adblocker study has been covered by Heise (article)